Wednesday 15 June 2011

Unideal

Somehow I couldn't get started this morning - the world outside my bed just seemed too cold. I checked the new emails and blogs, and then realised it was too late to do the training and make breakfast, pack lunch and get to work.

So I didn't do the training - any of it. Felt bad about it all morning - kind of like hangover guilt - but without the grim satisfaction of at least knowing one had been drunk. And I had a friend coming for dinner, so after-work options were looking dicey.

But with Patrick's advice about not allowing PCP to be a choice (and the words of another trainer telling me I have to replace the word "should" with "must") I rushed home and did the entire thing faster than usual (less the pull-ups which I did after my guest was gone).

Hmmm. This has been a remarkably dull post. I apologise.

Oh - bugger - the real news is my longer skipping rope arrived (I love that phrase by the way - 'jumprope' sounds so hardcore and serious - skipping rope sounds like something frivolous children do). If anything it's slightly too long, but with a couple of knots near the handles, it seems to be a great improvement. Roll on 15,000 reps!

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, 15,000! I am baulking at the thought of 2,000!

    ReplyDelete