Sunday 26 June 2011

Indulgence = Tastiness + Minor Nausea

To be honest, when I read that we were "allowed" an indulgence, I didn't feel inspired. I haven't been craving any particular food.

I am a booze-hound, but I'm really not feeling attracted to the idea of alcohol at the moment; I prefer drinking in company and recognise that when I stop at two glasses, my friends won't. Stopping drinking after two in company is harder than not drinking at all in my view.

So, maybe I'll save that for the next one. However, Patrick's mention of cheesecake put me in mind of Banoffe which I rarely get to eat and is not all that common in Australia. With a little research I found out the excellent Cafe Sopra makes one so decided that would be my mission for a Sunday mid-morning snack.

Banoffe Pie at Cafe Sopra
Behold Banoffe - in all her biscuity, banana-ey, caramelly, creamy, chocolate sprinkly awesomeness!
It was excellent. I thoroughly enjoyed every bite over 15 minutes. My friend, Jo, ate about a quarter of it, but I relished the rest. I also had two coffees. Now, I haven't been drinking much coffee lately and found after an hour and a half that I felt a little nauseous. I'm not sure if it was the cake or the coffees but in any case, it wasn't horrible and I got through it.

I also picked up some excellent Italian pasta (no sodium, low GI) for later and half-a-dozen bottles of Santa Vittoria sparkling mineral water. PARTY!!!

3 comments:

  1. That indulgence choice looks phenomenal... I had never heard of a Banoffe before but it sounds incredible.

    ReplyDelete
  2. looks delish.... it is in fact one of the few desserts I can make. the calorie content is splendid but maybe the bananas made you feel less naughty...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice indulgence, hope it took off some mental pressure and allowed you come back to PCP eating with a fresh perspective.

    ReplyDelete