Friday 10 June 2011

Peak Flatulence Project

So I guess I'm not the only one having inconsistency in the bowel region. Thanks Pete for drawing attention to society's silent trauma. Or not so silent. Or silent but deadly.

I've had a mix of minor cramps and times when I've rushed to the bathroom only to release a cacophonous litre of air and nothing else; and we've gone from nicely bratwurst-shaped tubes with the consistency of a freshly baked biscuit to a green-tinged almost-sludge.

I'm sure ultimately this is good for me.

I treated myself to kangaroo steaks for dinner. Lean and tasty; haven't had them in far too long.

4 comments:

  1. My pendulum has swung over to something more akin to you. I need to buy some carbon credits to off set the extra greenhouse gases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Methane is an even more potent greenhouse gas; lucky I'm eating kangaroo, the environmentally friendly red meat.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had kangaroo on a pizza in Sydney (the Rocks, maybe?) trip we took to Australia for a wedding a few years back. It was good but I was a bigger fan of ostrich. Croc was just OK. I was on a mission to eat one of every native mammal during that trip so when we did a side excursion to see the Koala preserve on Kangaroo Island I asked the warden there what they tasted like. Kim and my brother beat a hasty retreat to distance themselves from me as the warden explained that a) she was a vegetarian, and b) that the baby Koala that I was holding was her pet. My foot tasted pretty good. But she came around and we had a laugh about it and she imagined that they would taste pretty awful because their diet was highly acidic and their metabolism was so slow... Kind of like me pre-PCP.

    Anywho, back to flatulence. Noel, I'm sure your progress is sure to blow us all away. Its been a real gas reading you and Pete's blog posts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yes, at The Australian Hotel; damned good pizzas and one of the best beer selections in Sydney. I quite like the croc - and the mix of Thai flavours on a pizza. They kangaroo is not all that great there, but as a simple marinated steak, they're very good.

    Australians are unusual in that I believe they may be the only people in the world who eat both their national animals.

    http://www.worldwidewattle.com/images/coat-of-arms.jpg

    ReplyDelete