Sunday 12 June 2011

Latissimus Lateral Thinking

It were coming down in sheets in Sydney today so I was very much dissuaded from going to the park to do the incline pull-up. I have a little gym in my building and I went there to do my skipping and noticed the bench press machine - it has horizontal handles protruding. So I kicked away the bench, ratcheted up the bar et voilĂ  - a perfect incline pull-up bar.

Exercise is a mixed bag - skipping still troublesome, but improving. No matter how often I trip, though, I try to get going again without hesitation. Longer rope is on order but may take a few days. Let's hope it makes a difference.

Scheduling meals at the weekend is more difficult than around work. If you get a late start, then it feels like you're eating all day to cram in all the means and snacks. Was getting bored of the bland already, so made my own pasta sauce for dinner tonight. Sure beats plain spiralini and I have a bunch in the fridge for future meals. I absently threw in some kalamata olives and realised while eating it, they're rather salty. I suspect they'll be banned from future iterations of the sauce.

It's interesting shopping while channelling the spirit of my great-grandmother. My supermarket has 14 aisles. If you removed the cleaning products, and other non-food items, you'd have maybe 10 left. If you then removed the frozen dinners, processed foods, foods that are 'enhanced' or 'improved', foods you'd remove easily another 5-6. If you then took out things that are too fatty or sweet for PCP and you'd be left with maybe 2. It would be nice if they did this, as it would make shopping a damn-sight quicker!

1 comment:

  1. Worthless spouse??? That's fighting talk, and I've been working out!

    ReplyDelete