Tuesday 7 June 2011

Last (half) Supper

I spent a large portion of this afternoon (should have been a half-portion really) at work wondering about what I would have as my last normal (but shrunken) meal before super-easy first week finished.

Would it be some fine French dining at Birstro Papillon? A semi-Tarte Gratinée with a half-glass of Hugel pinot gris followed by a cut-size Souris d'Agneau au Romarin with a mini Bernard Metrat gamay, perhaps. And to finish, a bisected Crème Brûlée with a soupçon of the Monbazillac. That would be adequate to the occasion.

Or would it be Neapolitan style at Pizzeria Lucio? To start, a small birra, maybe accompanied by a hemi-sphere of burrata caprese. And who could go past a salumi pizza with a half-bottle of Montepulciano d'Abruzzo? Then next door to Universal for a tiny sliver of Black Beauty.


Yeah. That'd be real nice. And given I'd only be eating half of it - it wouldn't even be cheating.

Or, as is more likely, I end up at so starving after work that I'd settle for a fucking Nando's and scoff down a grilled chicken burger sans mayonnaise. Yup - quite the culinary occasion.


Last meal before PCP proper begins

Just like Mamma used to make (Mamma was psychotic)


Just Like Mamma Used to Make

2 comments:

  1. Bollox, that what I wanted, gutted! At least you went for the healthy chicken option.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo've gotta jsut go with your insticts. DOn't over think it!

    Bam. Chicken pitta from nandos it is for me tonight!

    ReplyDelete