Thursday 16 June 2011

The Steak Out Challenge

Back on track with training today - came up with the brilliant plan of sleeping with my Adidas shirt on - thus minimising temperature shock in the morning.

The proper-length skipping rope is great - not that my sequences are getting that much better, but it hurts a lot less.

The big challenge today was my first restaurant meal since we started on controlled rations. I psyched myself up for it, reading the menu in advance, and I think I passed. I got a 160g pasture-fed petit fillet (less fatty than the grain-fed ones - also this was pre-cooked weight, so I ate it all despite my allowance being 120g), steamed vegetables (I think I can eyeball 190g by now - though I had some suspicions about possible added oil/butter) and a small chunk of bread and some baked potato.

I'm sure this was not 100% compliant, but we have been told not to obsess, so I'm calling it close enough.

I did also taste the beer and wine, but between them it would constitute less than a mouthful. I'm sure God would forgive me that if s/he/it existed.

1 comment:

  1. How did sleeping in your Adidas shirt work out for you? I used to sleep in my uniform shirt before big games because I thought it was good luck.

    ReplyDelete