Saturday 27 August 2011

Stinging Balls

I got my day 88 workout out the the way relatively early today (relative being the operative word - on Saturday's I can usually drag it out till late afternoon). I was going to use the treadmill for a quick warm-up before starting the first superset but once I got going, I kind of liked it and decided it could act as my cardio for the day. I haven't hit the treadmill since near the start of the PCP, but I have been skipping in my Vibram FiveFingers every day - they protect the toes in the case of tripping but allot the foot to do its work.

I had no problem knocking out 20 minutes of running and the effort felt quite similar to skipping too which is good. Also, my calf strength and endurance seemed absolutely fine. Key Performance Indicator of effort is that I was sweating like a paedophile in a playground by the end. However, because I haven't been running in so long, I really felt it in the balls of my feet which is the first contact point in barefoot and bare-ish running. So, for my trouble I have stinging feet, but they don't look like they're going to blister.

2 days to go including the grand reveal of the final day workout. I'm kind of nervous anticipative as to what it could possibly involve. My guess is a little bit of everything to make the entire body look nice and pumped for the final photos. I'm considering taking the day off work to completely destroy it!

2 comments:

  1. From the title, I was thinking that this post would be similar to Kevin's and you were going commando.... tease!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do a lot of my workouts in the evening after work. When I'm done and showered, I don't fancy putting back on my sweaty boxers, so, figuring I'm not going to be exerting myself further, I free-ball the rest of the evening away. Is that the sort of salaciousness you were after?

    Also, I got a minor cut on my foreskin this week which I thought was going to cause a lot more trouble than it did.

    Now you know everything you need to about my block & tackle.

    ReplyDelete