Saturday 27 August 2011

Antepenultimate Day

This day is substantially done and I'm feeling good though a little tired. I did find getting any reasonable time out in the planks ridiculously difficult and have to admit to some slackness in these over the last couple of weeks. I need to concentrate on these more in future. V-sits are much improved.

I had been having issues with sleeping during the PCP and found myself waking up unnecessarily early frequently. The switch-up in the intensity of the workouts this week seems to have addressed this problem. I went to the cinema for a bit of brainless entertainment last night and could happily have fallen asleep before it even started even though it was only 9pm.

The smells of popcorn and chocolate were actually kind of unpleasant - and intense. I always notice the smell of popcorn, but to be able to discern confectionary was odd. I notice smells a lot more on PCP; people who've had a drink really stand out; makes me wonder how offensive I would have smelled to the world's teetotallers.

I had my punnet of blueberries to nibble through and this helped drown out the other smells.

As an aside, this was the Ape movie and in reference to the original movie, one of the characters utters the line "Get your stinking paws off me, you damn dirty ape". Getting the reference I let out a little guffaw and realised I was the only person in the audience who did - don't these kids have any classical pop-culture training?

1 comment:

  1. We watched that last week. I thought it was fabulous.

    ReplyDelete