Monday 11 July 2011

Sorely Kneaded

I have had a rotator-cuff problem for a long time on my right shoulder. I was kind of hoping that as the training for PCP went on, I would recruit it as normal and it would improve with everything else. It's been going reasonably well, though it has hurt on the chest and tricep dips. Today it finally decided to give me a serious telling-off at the end of set 1 of the triceps where I think my shoulder muscles were compensating. I'm glad I don't have to hit it up again for a couple of days.

I decided as we're approaching the half-way point and with this little pain nagging me, I deserved a massage. So off I trotted to the local Thai place (the nice one - not the one where the girl once whipped away my towel for some leg-work and then came uncomfortably close to touching my gland). I didn't realise how knotted up most of me has become through the programme. As the intensity increases, it might be worth doing this every week or two. In any case, I feel smashing after it - recommended to all of you as a PCP-compliant treat (I hope).

2 comments:

  1. smuttsville asides, I have a massage every Tuesday night. Last week it got rid of the last remaining bit of post elephantitus water retention. Am lucky enough to have a brilliant masseuse come to my house every week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been meaning to book a massage for weeks. You have inspired me... and being that I don't have an interesting gland under my towel, tis something that I don't need to fret about....

    ReplyDelete